A few weeks later than our usual Trafalgar Day date, the Wands’ AGM for 2011 will take place on Monday 5 December in the upper room of the William Morris at Merton Abbey Mills.
All Club Members are encouraged to attend: we’ll meet from 7.00pm, with a view to starting very promptly at 7.30pm, and the following notable points on the agenda (click here to download the full version):
- Riverfly monitoring report
- Elections to the committee (heads up: we have a vacancy for a new Membership Secretary if anyone would like to volunteer!)
- Our proposed new lease of Cannon Hill Pond
- Some constitutional amendments to facilitate the Cannon Hill lease
- A small increase in membership fees
The AGM will be followed by our second annual fundraising Tackle Auction (10% of sales to the Club).
Our auctioneer Jim Dillon will be at the William Morris from 5.00pm that evening to take delivery of Members’ auction lots until 7.00pm…
… but he’d much prefer you to pre-register your vintage tackle via this thread on the Members’ Forum, and he tells us he’ll be extremely reluctant to accept new, unregistered lots after 7.00pm on the night itself.
We look forward to seeing you at the AGM and Auction!